Friday, March 20, 2009

LIMP BIZKIT Frontmand FRED DURST talks about his affair with BRITNEY SPEARS

In response to the nonstop clamour for Fred Durst news, the Limp Bizkit frontman broke his silence to talk about his reported relationship with Britney Spears. Phew! We thought we'd get have to go the rest of our lives without ever thinking about that pairing again.

Durst claims he and Spears got together at the 2003 American Music Awards and had a torrid but tumultuous affair, prompting Durst to describe her on his band's website as "a person that I [wouldn't] have thought could make me feel this way." However, Spears had the good sense to vehemently deny any romantic shenanigans at the time.





"I think him for me, but not me for him," she told the British version of Glamour in 2003. "He's said some pretty amazing things about me. But, um, I think he leaped in too deep, too quick."

But even six years later, Durst is adamant that he was telling the truth about their coupling.

"It just became a fiasco of madness," the 38-year-old told MTV News yesterday. "[But] I always stay true to my heart and true to everything I did and my intentions, and I am in no way a liar."

In fact, Durst believes that their short-lived tryst and the resulting public feud was the real beginning to Spears' rollercoaster of troubles.





"I look back on it as very interesting [in terms of] how things have been sort of unraveling for her since," he said. "[But] it is what it is. I can sleep at night knowing I made decisions that I wanted to make. [Still] I'm a supporter. I was then, I guess I am now. I just guess at the time it was taboo for a guy like me to be associated with a gal like her."

Whereas now, it is totally hip and cool to be associated with Fred "Break Stuff" Durst.





No comments: